CCAP Nkhoma Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Administrative Officer tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital. The position of Administrative Officer is offered on contract basis. The contract positions are fixed term employment with an initial contract of 3 years (36 months) subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and
diligence with which the employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance.
Position: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and ensuring implementation of monthly, quarterly and annual approved work plans.
- Reviewing quarterly work plans to determine the progress of work.
- Advising the programme Ophthalmologist and Hospital Management in identifying new partners in the area of eye care.
- Coordinating all monitoring and evaluation activities of the programme.
- Ensuring that project funds are spent according to approved budget lines by tracking the budget from time to time.
- Ensuring that all the requisitions are backed with the relevant documents.
- Ensuring that financial reports along with supporting documents are submitted to the financing partners in time.
- Facilitating the procurement of items in the budget on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that all expenses are approved at the weekly hospital IPC meeting.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register for Eye Department.
- Providing leadership to the Eye programme team.
- Conducting/facilitating staff performance appraisal.
- Allocating, servicing and general management of department’s fleet of vehicles, buildings and general equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Public Administration.
- At least 3 years work experience in the field.
- Demonstrated understanding of the health system in Malawi.
- A clear understanding of management processes such as planning, leading, organizing and coordinating.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 20th May, 2020.
The Human Resource Management Officer
P.O Box 48
Alternatively, applications may also be sent to the following email address:
Email: [email protected]