EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Title : Associate Administration and Inventory Officer (1)
Location : Blantyre
Reporting to : Regional Operations Manager
The Associate logistics officer shall be responsible for maintaining many of same responsibilities as of Coordinator and office administrator such as, keeping track of inventory movements, overseeing consignments and deliveries, and keeping the stores orderly. The position shall also require the ability to manage any administrative and clerical details necessary to keep the stores and inventory running smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Receives, unpacks, and delivers goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves.
- Facilitate the processing of invoices for payment.
- Processes and documents return as required following established procedures.
- Facilitate the issuing of requested supplies by ensuring delivery is done in the shortest time possible and within 5 working days upon receipt of the request
- Performs routine clerical duties, including data entry into the inventory management system
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends review of malfunctioning or unusable items
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, supplies stocked in the warehouse
- Support physical count of inventories and posts totals to inventory records, manually
- Ensure adequate security of the warehouse and safety of all supplies and consignments under your custody.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma in Business Administration /Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Supply chain and Warehousing
- 3 years working experience.
- Experience in Program Development and Project Management
- Organizational awareness and ability to use information gathered and use critical information to achieve organizational ends
- Ability to work effectively with others, supporting others, influencing others, interpersonal awareness, following and effective communications skills
- Ability to make oral and written presentation to both donors and partners
- Computer skills in Microsoft word and Excel
- Able to work in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated integrity over resources
- Self-starter and work with minimum supervision