Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c) (3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity. With funding from the United States Department of Agriculture,
Nascent Solutions is implementing a five year McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program in the Central and Southern Malawi. The goal for the program is to improve the literacy of school-age children through improved literacy instruction, student attentiveness, and student attendance; and also to increase the use of positive health and dietary practices.
Nascent is currently seeking the following qualified candidates for various positions for its offices in Lilongwe and Blantyre.
RECEPTIONISTS (2 Positions)
Location: Lilongwe and Blantyre
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent Administrative Assistant
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Front office /Reception management including guiding and welcoming visitors, answering calls, responding to enquiries, taking/relaying messages.
- Ensure that office supplies are ordered, and stocks updated in a timely manner in liaison with the administrative assistant.
- Ensure that the office runs smoothly, specifically overseeing the management of stationery supplies in liaison with the administrative assistant.
- Maintain and update on a monthly basis an in-out inventory of all stationary supplies once delivered to the office.
- Oversee the ordering and management of the kitchen supplies.
- Maintain and update on a monthly basis an in-out inventory of all kitchen supplies once delivered to the office.
- Tracking movement of documents in and out of the organization through the management of a register logbook.
- Process and manage the payments for Operations/Logistics department as required.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Assist in preparation for meetings and management of the meeting and conference facilities at Nascents office.
- Manage meeting and other arrangements for staff as and when required.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Administration/Office Management /Front Office Management/Logistics or any other relevant diploma preferred.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in front office work required.
- Experience handling petty cash required.
- Work experience with an INGO and USG donor funded projects required.
- Good understanding of logistics required.
- Experience in customer service skills related to suppliers required.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently as part of a team.
- Experience working in a multicultural organization required.
- Professional and friendly communication style, with the ability to field calls from a diverse group.
- Excellent attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with and clearly indicate the position one is applying for in the e-mail subject line. Closing date for applications is
4th May 2020
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nascent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual
orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.