Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacant position in the Human Resources & Organisation Development Division.
Position : Human Resources Manager
Grade : C2 Location : Head Office
FUNCTION / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing sound Human Resources policies for enhancement of positive working environment and a dynamic workforce.
- Designing, implementing and monitoring action plans intended to impact employee satisfaction and motivation.
- Leading in creating effective networks internally and externally to share best practices and HR trends and apply them effectively to business
- Providing interpretation on Staff Regulations and Code of Ethics on employees relations, and on proper application of Labour Laws and Government Circulars on employee relations
- Proactively analysing all matters relating to employees that may lead to unfavourable industrial relations, potential risks and timely take or recommend preventive and/or remedial measures.
- Coordinating and providing guidance to the respective Disciplinary Committees during disciplinary hearing.
- Ensuring that HR processes are working as intended and are designed to support business & organization Objectives
- Monitoring, analysing and report on employee movements in the organization, staff turnover and retention
- Investigating trend data on resourcing issues and probe underlying causes of success and failure in placements in order to create a more effective resourcing process.
- Working with Heads of Divisions to develop a clear understanding of the current to long term staffing requirements based on business strategy.
- Reviewing the human resources information system quarterly reports on human resources activities and statistics
- Assessing departmental human resources requirements
- Assisting in job Analysis & Evaluation
- Conducting research in current trends affecting employees and recommending appropriate action to management on issues affecting employees
- Consolidating departmental budget in liaison with other Managers
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure of the departmental budget
- Supervising the Human Resources Consultants and Records Administrators
- Approving departmental training based on identified skill and knowledge gap
- Coaching subordinates and identifying the priority areas for coaching to deliver greatest impact; and actively engage others in coaching on leadership style and behaviours
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE;
Applicants should have the following qualifications, experience and skills: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/ Business Administration, Public Administration those with Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of SAP-HR/HCM; and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and preventive labour relations, preferred.
- General knowledge of labour laws and best practices in Malawi
- Should have at least 10 years’ HR work related experience in a busy office
- Should be a member of Institute of People Management
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES;
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to provide team leadership and to develop trust and demonstrate fairness
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges
- Strong interviewing skills
- Numerical skills
- Excellent Computer skills
- Good understanding of labour laws
How to Apply:
Successful candidates, before being appointed shall undergo an extensive background check of their integrity. Only when the vetting exercise is favourable will the Authority make the appointment. Interested candidates should submit their Application letters, copies of certificates and updated Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Commissioner General,
Malawi Revenue Authority,
Private Bag 247,
Closing date for receiving applications is 15th February 2021