The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring administration, financial and operations management functions of the CHSS, providing support to the logistics, procurement, fleet and communication needs of the office.
Financial and Administrative responsibilities include preparing and disbursing resources for travel, official vehicle use and fuel management, procurement, preparation of meetings and financial transactions and financial reports. The office administrator will also provide the necessary guidance CHSS team at the district levels in ensuring proper procedures and documentation according to the government and donor’s financial and administrative guidelines.
Likewise, the Office Administrator will support the national and district offices in the preparation and submission of government and partner reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial and Grant Management:
• Support the process of implementing sound accounting procedures
• Support program budgets preparation in collaboration with the Deputy Director
• Monitor the expenditure against budgets Oversee accurate and timely receipt and recording of financial transactions.
• Monitor the CHSS’s account balances and funds reconciliations, ensuring sufficient balances for smooth office operations.
• Prepare and review financial and narrative reports in collaboration with the District Community Health Officers
• Monitor monthly communication cost of each office ( e-mail, Internet)
• Ensure CHSS compliance with donor regulations
Administration, Communications and Operations:
• Implement systems of internal control that safeguard CHSS assets
• Conduct general clerical duties including photocopying, fax, and mailing
• Record, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail
• Support filing of all documentation and data entry as and when required
• Manage the internal communication channels; answer phones, directs calls and respond to inquiries
• Ensure the maintenance and efficient use of all communication hardware and services.
• Undertake regular inventory of equipment
• Support procurement of goods and services in accordance with donor procurement procedures
• Support the security of capital assets and valuable equipment
• Support timely procurement and stock management of required supplies for national and district offices
• Assist in collection of quotations; purchase goods; and receive merchandise. Manage the filing and archiving of procurement documents
Fleet, Stocks and Supplies Management:
• Implement tools for stock management
• Undertake periodic inventories of all equipment and stationary
• Manage stock movements and distributions of goods
• Ensure effective allocation and availability of vehicles
• Establish tools for vehicles follow-up: log books, technical check-ups and repairs)
• Coordinating topping up of fuel cards
• Reconciliation of fuel usage both at national and district levels
Perform other reasonable tasks as necessary to support the functioning of the CHSS