World Relief is an International Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disaster response, and refugee resettlement. Word Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable.
The Department of Nutrition and HIV/AIDS received funding from Germany government through UNICEF to implement a Scaling up Nutrition project Lilongwe, Dowa, Nkhata Bay and Karonga districts. World Relief Malawi is facilitating the implementation of this project through District Councils. The project goal is to contribute to stunting reduction in children aged 0 to 23 months in Malawi.
World Relief, therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position for this project and other projects as follows:
Job title : Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Reports to : M&E coordinator with dotted line to M&E Officer
Location : Lilongwe
Reporting to the Project coordinator with dotted line to the M& E Officer, the M&E Assistant is responsible for providing programmatic support and technical support to SUN Project staff in program quality assurance, operations research and knowledge management as well as supporting the Lilongwe district council Nutrition M&E system.
- Collaborating with project staff to implement and maintain the nutrition M&E systems following the national M&E protocol. Ensuring timely submission of quality progress report for the project.
- In liaison with M&E Officer ,providing technical assistance and building capacities of project staff in all M&E related activities.
- Providing guidance and support to all project staff in the implementation of monitoring tools, which includes but not limited to data collection, analysis and reporting on project indicators.
- Collaborating with project staff and the District Councils in planning, designing and undertaking project evaluations and other programmatic assessments.
- In liaison with M&E Officer facilitate Participatory Learning and Action (PLAs) and Lot Control Assurance Surveys (LQAs), Barrier and Bottle neck analysis in pursuit for program quality assurance, learning and evidence based program management.
- Coordinate monitoring, evaluation and learning endeavors for intra-and inter organizations at District level.
- Identify and inform project team of respective programmatic research findings, learning avenues and recommend possible action based on evidence resolve.
- Maintain comprehensive programmatic database/management information systems (electronic and hard copy files of all project documents)
- Supervise and collaborate with district councils on data entry and correlation and knowledge management protocols.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/Agriculture/Nutrition/ Food Science/Information Sciences with 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in Project implementation, research and program evaluations
- Experience in principles and current approaches to participatory monitoring and evaluation
- Well conversant of Nutrition related Data base management and interpretation.
- High-level computer skills and experience using the following: MS Excel, MS Word, STATA, SPSS and SAS
- Excellent facilitating skills with strong communication skills in both English and local languages.
- Commitment to World Relief values.
Method of applications: (email)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 16th August, 2020. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Applications should be sent to the following email address:
Email: [email protected]