Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. At the invitation of the Episcopal Conference of Malawi (ECM). CRS commenced its operations in Malawi in 1997 and with offices in Lilongwe and a sub office in Blantyre. CRS’s relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture. education. microfinance and peacebuilding.
Upon an approval of a grant, CRS Malawi intends to hire 4 Soymilk Processing and Marketing Micro-Enterprise Field Supervisors (MES) on consultancy basis that will be dependent on respective attainment of key project deliverables.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager at CRS. the MES will coordinate, implement and support the project’s field activities working in liaison with a team of Micro-Enterprise Promoters (MEPs), the MES will ensure adherence to CRS program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the targeted participants and agents. His or her advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive, innovative and successful the intervention will be.
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regular communication with the Project Manager on the progress regarding household soymilk processing and marketing.
- As per agreed deadlines, submit monthly consolidated Soymilk reports from all the households in his/her catchment
- Perform regular soymilk market analysis that will inform important decisions for the participating households
- Participate in all review and other related project meetings
- Offer supportive supervision to respective MEPs and subsequent participating households.
- Facilitate functioning of community-led soymilk processing and marketing groups
- Hold quality check visits to participating households within his/ her catchment and accordingly supervise respective MEPs.
- Development of detailed monthly workplans for project activities and support MEPs to align their plans to his/ her workplans
- Support selection and recruitment of soy kit participating households.
TYPICAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum: A Diploma in any of the following fields — Community Development, Agriculture, nutrition and other related fields
- At least 2 years of relevant professional knowledge of and experience in participatory programme planning, supervision and implementation: facilitating community savings and lending groups or other related groups: management of community groups and referral systems; program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel. Word. PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical / report writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring. problem solving and coaching skills
- Ability to work in teams and openness to feedback
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chichewa
- Must have valid motorcycle riding license and filling of motorcycle logbooks
- Willing to work with rural families and community structures
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel on a motorcycle up to 60% of the time
How to apply
All applications should include: a cover letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), names. active e-mail, contact phone numbers and addresses of at least three traceable referees; copies of diplomas, certificates and degrees.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Country Representative
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Malawi
Manobec Complex. Behind 7/11, Plot No. 5/1
Private Bag B-319
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS:
Applications should be received no later than 11th December 2020. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.