St. Joseph’s Ludzi Community Hospital is an Institution which is under Lilongwe Diocese. The Hospital’s Mission is to promote health and serve the community with holistic quality health services that reflect Christian values, by reducing the morbidity and mortality rate .This will be done through preventive and curative services by committed members of staff.
To achieve its mission statement, the hospital is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position below;
Position : Medical Officer (Grade H)
Location: St.Joseph’s Ludzi Community Hospital
Department: Curative Health Service
Reporting Officer: Principal Medical Officer/Hospital Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform General duties as a Doctor and be available after normal working hours for emergency duties
- Undertake medical management of out -patients and in-patients on all major clinical fields including: Internal Medicine, pediatrics, surgery obstetrics and Gynecology and preventive services.
- Ensure that high professional standards are maintained in the clinical services rendered at the Hospital
- Participate in clinical in-service training of all health staff and trainees including nursing students
- Liase with the administrator to formulate and review policies on all aspects of health programs to enable the hospital achieve its objectives
- Collaborate with the administrator in reviewing and strengthening health information and management systems and control of disease outbreaks epidemics
- Collaborate with administrator to review the operation results of the hospital and health clinics and make appropriate changes where needed.
- The job holder is responsible for undertaking day to day clinical duties and periodic Medical examinations
- Any other duties deemed reasonable for the post.
- Applicants must be in possession of a bachelor of Medicine, bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from a recognized university/institution.
- Registered with Medical Council of Malawi
- Must have undergone the eighteen (18) months internship programme
- • Well conversant with the Health system in Malawi
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Effective communication skills
• Problem identification and solving skill.
• Must have supervisory skills and good analytical skills.
• He/She Must demonstrate the ability to attend to medical duty calls after working hours
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidate should submit their applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and contact details of three traceable referees by 26th April, 2021 to the address below:
The Hospital In-charge
St. Joseph’s Ludzi Community Hospital
P.O Box 30
Email: [email protected]
Copy to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged