CCAP Nkhoma Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Medical Assistants (Grade L) tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital. The positions are offered on permanent basis.
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANTS – THREE POSTS (GRADE L)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working hand in hand with the staff involved in patient care in the OPD and Outreach Clinics and keeping the primary focus on the patient.
- Assisting in triage of patients according to protocol.
- Assessing outpatients completely, with thorough history, appropriate physical exam, complete assessment, prudent diagnostic studies and appropriate treatment including patient education.
- Following Medical Standards of care by using the Malawi National Treatment Guidelines and Nkhoma Hospital Treatment Protocols.
- Consulting Clinical Officer on duty or on call for any patient that is complicated, unstable, seriously ill, needs admission, needs referral, or if the diagnosis is in doubt or needed procedure fails.
- Documenting work in the health passport with appropriate date, time, signature, printed name and title and also utilizing SOAP format.
- Attending and participating in morning report, departmental meetings and chapel services.
- Completing 40 hours of approved Continuing Professional Development programs every year.
- Participating in departmental quality improvement exercises.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Certificate in Clinical Medicine obtained from a recognized training institution.
- A Minimum of one-year work experience in a busy Hospital/Health Centre.
- Registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 20th May, 2020.
The Human Resource Management Officer
P.O Box 48
Alternatively, applications may also be sent to the following email address:
Email: [email protected]