St. Michael`s Guilleme Community Hospital is one of the hospitals under the Archdiocese of Lilongwe. The Hospital’s mission is to provide the preventive, curative, promotional and rehabilitative health care services in holistic manner in accordance with the needs of the communities and call to compassion and having respect for dignity of the person in line with Catholic core values and principles.
To achieve its mission statement, the Hospital is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
POSITION: NURSE MIDWIFE TECHNICIAN
Location: St. Michael`s Guilleme Community Hospital
Reporting Officer: Hospital Matron
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing general nursing care to patients using the nursing/midwifery process
- Administer medication and treatment to patients and clients and where necessary using Direct Observation Therapy (DOT)
- Assist patients under their care to meet activities of daily living
- Observe patient’s condition and progress and report accordingly
- Make necessary preparations and after care of equipment for treatment
- Promote clean and safe environment for patient care and consequently promote infection prevention
- Adhere to precautions of infection prevention and control practices
- Collaborate with other health workers in meeting specific needs of patients
- Build therapeutic relationship with patients guardians and fellow health workers
- Document and maintains accurate records of all nursing care to activities performed
- Reports comprehensively and accurately individual patient care to the ward in charge or doctor
- Conduct proper handover of all patients under his/her care bed by bed for continuity of nursing care
- Maintains professional code of conduct at all times
- Actively participate in departmental meetings
- Conduct Health Education Sessions to patients in the wards and outpatient department
- Participate in profession activities
- Adhere to continuous professional development
- Preforms any other duties assigned from time to time.
- College Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery from a reputable training institution with 2 years’ experience in a busy environment.
- Registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Well conversant with the Health system in Malawi
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead a team
- Effective communication skills
- Customer service skill
- High standard of dressing and presentation
- Time management skill
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Empathetic and friendly.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and contact details of three traceable referees by Wednesday, 22nd July, 2020 to the addresses below:
The Sister in Charge
St. Michael`s Guilleme Community Hospital
P.O. BOX 230
Email Address: [email protected]
copy to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.