CCAP Nkhoma Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Principal Preventive Health Officer (Grade G) tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital. The position of Principal Preventive Health Officer is offered on contract basis. The contract positions are fixed term employment with an initial contract of 3 years (36 months) subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and diligence with which the employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance.
Position: PRINCIPAL PREVENTIVE HEALTH OFFICER (GRADE G)
- Mobilizing necessary resources for environmental health activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating environmental health activities.
- Interpreting and communicating environmental health policies and information to all environmental health personnel.
- Enforcing environmental health laws and regulations.
- Planning and organising in-service trainings.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating environmental health programs/activities.
- Ordering of drugs and chemicals.
- Supervising the recording of data in relevant registers.
- Supervising the analysis of information and their dissemination to all relevant stakeholders including submission of weekly reports to the designated officer.
- Facilitating maintenance of quality assurance in the health facilities eg maintenance, infection prevention practices, code of conduct
- Coordinating activities in health centres under CCAP Nkhoma Synod Health Department and ensuring that they have the required resources.
- Supervising health centres under Nkhoma Mission Hospital and submits reports to the Medical Director/Senior Hospital Management
- Ensuring that Health Centre Advisory Committees (HAC) are active and functional.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of Degree either in Environmental Health or Public Health.
- Master’s in Public health is an added advantage.
- Registered with Medical Council of Malawi
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in the similar field.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 20th May, 2020.
The Human Resource Management Officer
P.O Box 48
Alternatively, applications may also be sent to the following email address:
Email: [email protected]