Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other sectors in Blantyre and environs on a cervical cancer project.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre Office, Cervical Cancer Project.
Position: MEDICAL DOCTOR / MEDICAL OFFICER (Oncology) [2 POSITIONS]
Workplace : Blantyre
Type of contract : 6 Months Fixed term contract with possible extension
Start date : 1ST March 2021
Main purpose of the position
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure General compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Assesses, treats and monitors in- and outpatients in the Oncology Department.
- Supervises the nursing team, clinical and supporting staff in the wards.
- Supervises and teaches health facility students.
- Participates in department research activities and projects primarily in Cervical Cancer.
- Performs doctor on call duties in the Oncology Department.
- Under the supervision of consultant oncologist, helps in the process of treating cancer patients.
- Maintain collaboration between 4C Gynecological Oncology and 4B Oncology Department.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Carry out administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients’ files, forms, statistics, database etc.), in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activities
- Medical Doctor Degree and Valid Registration with Medical Council of Malawi.
- 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable experience with MSF/other NGO’s.
- English and local language knowledge essential.
- Commitment, Flexibility, Results, Teamwork.
How to apply
Documents to provide
Cover letter, Updated CV Copies and work certificate(s) relevant for the position, ID copy
Deadline for submission of application: 15 February 2021
By Email: [email protected]
Subject Line: MEDICAL DOCTOR(ONCOLOGY)
Médecins Sans Frontières – France
P.O. Box 2736,
WRITE « MEDICAL DOCTOR (ONCOLOGY)» ON ENVELOPE
NOTE: Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration at 0994343467 or email: [email protected] as soon as possible.”