SUPPORT, COMPREHENSIVE CARE AND EMPOWERMENT FOR PEOPLE WITH PSYCHOSOCIAL DISABILITIES (SUCCEED) PROJECT
Kamuzu College of Nursing, a constituent College of the University of Malawi, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill posts in the Support, Comprehensive Care and Empowerment for people with psychosocial Disabilities (SUCCEED). The positions are tenable at Blantyre Campus. All positions will be for a one-year fixed term contract of employment, renewable on mutual agreement and subject to performance. SUCCEED is a five-country research consortium in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Malawi. and Zimbabwe, coordinated by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and financed by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office in the United Kingdom. SUCCEED will build on principles of co-production and South-South partnership to create regional centres of excellence in research, capacity-building and outreach on psychosocial disabilities. A Research Consortium, in collaboration with the University of Malawi, the programme is implementing a Research on mental health to investigate ‘What Works’ for people with Psychosis in their Communities.
The positions required in the project are as follows:
Position: Media and Communications Officer
To coordinate and deliver resources and processes for increased visibility of SUCCEED and its mandate
- • Responsible for coordinating Lacal Advisory Groups (LAGs)
• Co-ordinate events, Press Conferences, Conference Presentations, Research Seminars, Policy Briefs
• Develop multimedia content to support publicity and reporting of the project
• Design, create and maintain the project website
• Keeping up-to-date with all issues that affect the project
• Accompanying staff on visits (particularly relevant to stakeholder or policy makers)
• Leading teams to organise media events and advocacy activities
• Generating ideas to gain more media coverage.
• Support Social Media Engagement and implement creative digital solutions
• Provide digital graphic design support to project
• Produce content for the digital signage across the project website site.
• Editing video footage for marketing and communication purposes
• Be aware of and comply whit policies and procedures relating to protection of mental health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Provide support and work with end users
• Produce and maintain documented procedures on all supported systems and applications
• Work with staff in the project to organise photographic shoots and video opportunities,
Education and Qualifications:
- Applicants must have an Advanced Diploma in Information Technology with an excellent working knowledge of IT and all applications relating to communications. Additionally, the applicant should be creative and be ready to work outside normal working hours.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include a Curriculum Vitae and two traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses. Those interested and meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to:
Kamuzu College of Nursing
Private Bag 1
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is April 23, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted