Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa Situated in Malawi, ACE delivers agricultural marketing and financial services to all value chain participants, The core offering being structured trade services; market information, trade facilitation and the Warehouse Receipt System (WRS), which offers access to collateral finance and access to secure storage. Within the agricultural industry, ACE is introducing transparency, decreasing transactional costs and governing contractual relations between market participants. Considering the wide range of activities and the need for quality Information driven decision making
ACE is looking to recruit an experienced M&E Officer to support all activities.
Position: M&E COORDINATOR
- To update the Monitoring and Evaluation Database which is able to capture all data needed by ACE for reporting purposes as well as all data needed by ACE internally.
- To ensure that all the different departments are satisfied with the reporting template and that they update it in order for the M&E Database to be accurate in real time. The M&E Coordinator should also ensure that the data provided by the different departments matches the data uploaded onto the ACE system
- To improve databases to follow the targets and achievements of all active ACE projects.
- To develop an up-to-date summary database for the Senior Management Team which compares progress and achievements against targets across all projects
- To provide Programme Managers with the necessary information for reporting to the different donors in a timely and accurate manner.
- To assist the Chithumba project, an input supply modality traditionally managed separately to other ACE activities, to ensure quality information is captured and maintained by ACE
- To ensure that Chithumba data is stored centrally in the M&E Database, and assist with strategizing ways to capture appropriate new information.
- To ensure new and ongoing projects have tailor-made and well-developed M&E strategies, and appropriate measures are put in place to capture this data
- To engage with management on how M&E data capture is conceptualized, implemented or reported, improving the system as and when necessary.
- Assist the M&E Officer in the development of a system that best allows the presentation of all ACE data.
- Ensure that there is a system in place for all the data collected to be regularly cleaned and verified
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a similar field
- Diploma or Degree in M&E, Statistics, Information Systems, IT, or similar field
- Experience managing M&E Teams and liaising with multiple departments to access data
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating M&E Systems
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
- Proficient in working with MS Office, Stata, and database management software.
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above specifications should apply with a copy of their most recent CV and three traceable referees to:
Email: [email protected]
and subject with the name of the position you are applying for. Hard copies to be sent to the ACE Head Office in Kanengo Light Industrial Area, Plot No 28/251 or by post to:
P.O Box 40139,
The closing date for receiving applications is 16:30 on Friday, 11th September 2020