ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 60 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organization under the Company’s Act limited by Guarantee and is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, Americas and Europe regions. ActionAid has been working in Malawi since 1991 and works in partnership with communities, community based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments, across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice and exclusion. We work with and support poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. ActionAid’s work is focused around women’s rights, right to education, food security, just and democratic governance, human security and HIV& AIDS. ActionAid, with funding from various donors and cooperating partners is implementing several projects under its 4thCountry Strategy Paper at national and districts levels within Malawi.
ActionAid now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Malawi Youth Hub Media Volunteer Coordinator
Reporting To: Youth Focal Point
Duration: 6 Months
Summary Purpose of the Job
Working under the supervision of the Youth Hub Volunteer Team Leader, the media coordinator will be expected to lead the development and implementation of the communication and media strategy in line Global Platform Malawi vision, mission and strategy. He is also expected to promote Global Platform’s positive media visibility through effective media engagement, online and social media management, and production of quality and relevant ICE materials on the Platform’s work.
• A holder of higher learning qualification in Communications/Media or related (essential).
• Proven experience in media management for virtual and audio productions
• Strong expertise in targeted communications and advertising campaigns across various media platforms.
• Sound understanding of graphic designing, SEO, web traffic data and social media best practices.
• Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
• Ability to develop appropriate broadcast, print and social media content.
• Ability to facilitate press conferences and briefings.
• Ability to foster long-term relationships with members of the media.
• Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
• Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply to:
The Executive Director,
Action Aid Malawi,
P.O. Box 30735 Lilongwe 3,
Email: [email protected]
Submission should be made by 5pm; 12th March, 2021 Malawi time.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email