Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a countrywide humanitarian volunteer organization and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies movement. In Malawi, it was established in 1932 by an Act of Parliament and works auxiliary to the Government and embodies the principles of the movement. It focuses on providing Humanitarian Services to the needy and vulnerable populations. MRCS has more than 260 staff members and a network of local volunteers in 33 Divisions in all the 3 regions of Malawi. Its Headquarters is in Area 14, in Lilongwe.
MRCS is now inviting applications of qualified candidates for the following position:
Position: Monitoring , Evaluation and Learning Officer
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer (Reporting) supports District teams to ensure that project activities are on track and ensure reporting is up to date
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and reviewing M&E systems for the project and project database.
- Producing and implementing weekly monthly, quarterly and annual Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting plans
- Conducting M&E capacity building of all stakeholders involved in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the activities in liaison with the Reporting Officer
- Facilitating program reporting, documentation and communication
- Documenting and disseminating lessons learned across all project activities being implemented in the district and ensuring that M&E documentation is stored in are easily accessible
- Conducting review meetings with the operational staff to monitor progress of implementation.
Education and Relevant Experience
- Higher degree in social science, development studies or other relevant qualifications with minimum of 5 years work experience
- Demonstrated skills in M&E system design with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Fluency in English and at least one locally spoken language
- Excellent oral and written analytical communication skills, ability to work well with people, use good judgment and commit to community work
- Computer literate (MS Office, SPSS, ODK / Kobo Toolbox and other software)
- Practical experience working in a multi-cultural team and ability to work independently and for long hours and under pressure.
How to apply
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of three traceable referees, mobile numbers and e-mail address to:-
The Secretary General
Malawi Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 30096
Email with Subject line: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer –
Email: [email protected]
Not later than Friday, 20th November , 2020, and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.