World Vision International in Malawi is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the positions below under a New Grant. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
Position: WASH Project Officer (Grade 14), 1 Position
based in Ntcheu District
Purpose of the position
Under the guidance of the Technical Program Manager for WASH and the supervision of the District Program Manager, the WASH Project Officer will be responsible for implementation and district level coordination/ facilitation. The position will provide technical leadership in community and school water supply, improved sanitation and hygiene promotion through hands on facilitation of the project in collaboration with the communities, schools, existing social networks and partners. The position is also responsible for profiling World Vision Malawi and NASCENTS in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups at district level. The incumbent is the primary contact for the organization in matters relating to the USDA project.
- Planning, organizing, facilitating and implementation of the project interventions within the districts
- Maintain programmatic accountability for program activities within the districts including data collection for evaluation, record keeping of activities, and the completion of all necessary monthly
- progress and project -end reporting
- Facilitate realization of project results that feed into the project outcomes.
- Facilitate efficient and timely implementation of planned activities by all relevant committees, district and community partners to ensure the right techniques, methodologies and project standards
- are achieved.
- Works closely with the relevant government ministries staff at different levels for the project implementation.
Partnerships & Advocacy
- Network and collaborate with all local level stakeholders involved in WASH interventions in program implementation and facilitate smooth transition for sustainability in the program.
- Represent the program on relevant local level committees, taskforces, etc., in order to promote coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant efforts whenever possible
- Promote local level advocacy in WASH matters.
- Capacity of the local WASH interventions in communities or institution in preparation of project work plan and implementation of the project.
- Provide technical support to the WMAs, HSAs and SMC and community on implementation of the plans and submission of reports through monitoring and review sessions consistent with budgetary allocation and within the set time line.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Management or Public Health.
- Experience in implementation of any WASH projects will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related area.
Knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of sponsorship and rural/community development
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
To view the complete Job Description and requirements please visit: https://www.wvcentral.org
Send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
Email: [email protected]
not later than 30th June 2020. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.