Checks Investments is a Partnership with an investment portfolio currently ranging from food catering hospitality, entertainment, events management and equipment hiring. Creative Solutions for the Environment (CSE) preserves the environment through organizing, educating and empowering rural communities to reforest, build resilience, create alternative livelihoods and reduce poverty as we transition to a more eco-friendly and sustainable way of life. An opportunity has arisen for energetic and result oriented individuals to fill in the vacant posts of Business Development Officer at our Lilongwe Office. The qualified candidate is required to fill the position on an immediate basis.
Position: Business Development Officer
REPORTING AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position suits an agile candidate capable of developing business proposals, identifying new customers, partners, sponsors and retaining existing customers, partners and sponsors; Maintaining value adding business networking through digital and conventional marketing channels; Data collection, analysis, storage and accessibility for management decision making.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidate must have a Degree in Business Management/ Administration or Sales & Marketing.
- Advanced computer knowledge with an aptitude in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and business development roles from a recognized organization.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English language.
- Report writing skills.
- A valid and clean motor vehicle driving license is a must.
- Must have ability to perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing new opportunities.
- Must be able to create and improve proposals for our existing and new partners as well as develop and deliver pitches for potential partners.
- Assist in company’s branding and media communication activities such as advertisements, marketing collaterals, social media pages and web site management.
- Respond to the client enquiries in a timely fashion from all media platforms.
- Should be able to update sales records and accurately manage company’s data.
- Will be responsible for debt collections in liaison with finance team and management.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork: Must demonstrate excellent ability to work with staff at all levels in an organization;
- Time management: Must be able to execute his/ her roles with unquestioned efficiency to meet deadlines;
- A sense of orderliness: Must be able to maintain customer/ partners and other business records in an easy to follow and retrieve format;
- Flexibility: Must be able to work for long hours even at short notice to enable the organization to deliver its targets;
- Adaptable and self-development: Must aspire to always learn and upgrade one-self in order to add relevant value to the organization.
How to apply
Applications comprising detailed CV, cover letter and at least 3 traceable referees should be addressed, not later than Thursday 19th November 2020, to:
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
Att: The Managing Director, Checks Investments & CSE, Lilongwe.