Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI), a parastatal organization mandated to promote the development and growth of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), intends to recruit the services of a well-qualified, innovative and result oriented person to fill a vacant post of Regional Manager – Centre tenable at its Central Region Office in Lilongwe.
Interested applicants for the post must have the following qualifications and key attributes:
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related qualification from a recognized and accredited institution. Persons with higher qualifications will have added advantage;
• At least 5 years progressive experience at a senior managerial position;
• Ability to secure alternative revenue through such initiatives as consultancies and trainings;
• Excellent coordination, organizational, communication and planning skills;
• Sound knowledge of local and international MSME landscape;
• Excellent networking, negotiation and advocacy skills;
• Ability to manage staff of various professions and skills;
• A “Go Getter” who can grow new businesses, get more trainings with NGO’s and Donor funded projects/programmes;
• A person ready to be measured on results generated including resource mobilization.
The successful candidate will among other things be responsible for:
• Implementing and initiating review of policies, strategies, annual work plans and budgets for the delivery of various Business Development Services to MSMEs;
• Managing the implementation of MSME training and information collection and dissemination in accordance with good practices and legal provisions;
• Ensuring the safety and appropriate use of institutional assets, infrastructure and other resources for the furtherance of the objectives of the Institute;
• Championing change management, corporate governance, risk management and internal control processes at regional office level;
• Leading in the development of funding proposals for the provision of relevant consultancy services to various stakeholders at regional office level;
• Responding to queries on matters related to MSMEs training, information and advisory services in the region;
• Producing and submitting relevant periodic reports.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees including that of an immediate past employer should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Private Bag 393,
Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 27th November, 2020.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE SPECIFICALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY