Médecins Sans Frontières, (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization working together with the Ministry of Health in Chiradzulu district on HIV program.
MSF-FRANCE is recruiting suitable candidate for the position of:
Based in Chiradzulu
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Prints out the purchase documents in order for logistics manager to sign and get validation and signatures from other departments.
- Makes sure that internal requests and purchase orders documents are properly archived
- Lead monthly drivers’ meetings – develop agenda and conduct on-the-job training together with the Head of drivers.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Essential Secondary diploma and formal technical training
• At least 2 years in similar post out of MSF
• Desirable previous working experience with MSF or other NGO
• Fluent in English and Chichewa, both written and oral
• Essential computer literacy (Word, excel)
• Empathic, team player, committed and respectful
• Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
Interested applicants should send their written application letter (letter of motivation) with a detailed CV indicating postal address, day phone contacts; photocopies of certified copies of academic documents and working certificates;and minimum three referees to the following addresses:
Médecins Sans Frontières – France
P.O.Box 50, Chiradzulu
By Email: [email protected]
NOTE: Please clearly indicate the position title on the application. Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. Any individual found to canvas will automatically be disqualified.