Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant position at its offices in Blantyre.
Position: RISK & COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer this position is tenable at our Head Office in Blantyre.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal and regulatory guidelines and internal policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Revise procedures reports etc periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Draft, modify and implement company policies.
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify comp lance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Proven experience working with an international organization
- Audit background:
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in excel is a key requirement:
- Excellent communication skills,
- Proven commitment to accountable practices:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management is a must
- 3 years relevant experience working with an international organisation
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their application letters together with Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees: –
The Human Resources Manager
Liberty General Insurance Company Ltd
P.O. Box 354
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 30th June 2020