Mwaiwathu Private Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Laboratory Technologist (3) tenable at the Hospital along Chileka Road in Blantyre.
Position: Laboratory Technologist (3 posts)
The Laboratory Technologists will assist the Hospital clinical team in their daily tasks. They will be directly involved with performing medical laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, prevention and therapeutic monitoring of diseases. All work will be done under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Manager
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform laboratory tests in an assigned section.
- Provide oversight of a particular laboratory section.
- Develop, revise Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervise, train and direct interns, technicians and other medical laboratory workers engaged in laboratory testing.
- Implement the Quality Management Systems in the assigned section.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Laboratory Manager from time to time.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Degree in Biomedical Sciences from a recognized Institution.
- Must have a good MSCE certificate including English and Mathematics.
- Must be computer literate and have at least one year relevant post qualification practical experience in medium output laboratory. Requisite knowledge,
Abilities and skills
- Good command of English and fluency in other Malawian local languages
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active and honest.
- Must have good communication and team working skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to work odd hours.
- Must possess a laboratory technologist license with Medical Council of Malawi
Mode of Application
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit their application, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and contacts of at least three credible referees and active e-mail addresses, and copies of relevant certificates by Friday March 12, 2021.to:
The Medical Director
Mwaiwathu Private Hospital Limited
P.O. Box 3067
Email : [email protected]