Medi Tech Private Hospital is hiring:
Position: Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Supports laboratory staff by maintaining glassware, logs, and record books; troubleshooting and resolving problems and helping with special projects.
- Maintains glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing.
- Provides glassware by ordering, receiving and inventorying glassware.
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Completes projects by assisting project team and attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
Laboratory Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Chemistry techniques
- Familiarity with a lab environment
- Clinical lab testing
- Cryogenic procedures
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Equipment calibration
- Biohazard safety
- Medical teamwork
- Supply management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree Diploma in Medical Technology (MT)/Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Associate’s degree / Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician-related science from an accredited program recognized by Medical institutes in Malawi.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word and Excel) and skills in lab information systems is desirable.
How to apply
Closing date: 17th February, 2021