Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is seeking two qualified candidates for the position of Finance Assistant under the McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program being implemented in central and southern Malawi. The McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program is a five-year program funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). It is designed to improve the literacy of school-age children through improved literacy instruction, student attentiveness, and student attendance; and to increase the use of positive health and dietary practices. Working directly under the supervision of the Accountant, the Finance Assistant will be mainly responsible for overseeing the effective preparation of finance documents, review of advance justifications and submission of all finance records on a monthly basis to the Accountant.
Locations: Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Accountant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective implementation of office finance procedures and guidelines for smooth and efficient
- Prepare all advances to staff in line with Nascent procedures
- Review advances received and ensure that they are justified within the timeframes stipulated in Nascent finance
- Preparation of monthly reports for Accountant’s review.
- Manage the project’s petty cash
- Prepare checks and make payments with the approval of the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party, Country Finance Manager
- Code and record petty cash and check payment transactions
- Scan and upload all finance documents
- Prepare and submit payment reports with the scanned copies to the Country Finance Manager
- Assist the Country Finance Manager in daily financial transactions in compliance with Nascent and donor
- Plan and manage support services and resources to meet the needs of the
- Undertake other tasks as deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the field office/or field activities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced Diploma in Finance, Accounting or related Those with Bachelors degree will have added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position and preferably with an INGO
- Ability to process, handle and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, ability to deal effectively with staff, clients, and external contacts at all
- High degree of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, independence, reliability, adaptability, motivation, judgment, and
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent work relations in a team
- Proven skills in delivering work through efficient and effective planning and administration, including demonstrated administrative abilities, organization, problem-solving, personnel management, analysis and decision
- Ability to handle concurrent activities, prioritize work, and work well under
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Fluent in English
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and indicate salary expectation to [email protected]. Please include “Finance Assistant-” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is 27th November 2020.