Employer: PPDA 7
Category: job vacancies in Malawi Government
Reporting to the Senior Monitoring, Compliance and Enforcement Officer, the Monitoring, Compliance and Enforcement Officers will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and preparing monitoring plans and programs
- Conducting procurement prior reviews on Procuring and Disposing Entities submissions for approvals
- Carrying out Post Procurement Reviews to assess and determine the status of compliance with the public procurement and disposal of assets legal provisions
- Carrying out procurement and asset disposal audits and investigations
- Identifying common compliance issues, their causes and recommend solutions
- Undertaking institutional compliance verification and assessments
- Monitoring and assessing the overall functionality of the Public Procurement System
- Development and maintain good working relations with PDEs to promote efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that alleged procurement and disposal malpractices are promptly and thoroughly investigated
- Preparing compliance status reports of entities’ procurement and disposal activities with legal requirements
- Preparing periodic performance reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either Procurement, Purchasing and Supply or Supply Chain Management accredited by the National Commission for Higher Education.
- Member of Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Procurement or related field at senior level;
- Good knowledge of Malawi Government’s Public Procurement and Disposal policies.
- Sound understanding of contract law, fair trading practices, freedom of information and applicable legislations.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement tools such as e-Tender systems and contract management systems.
Ability to work as a team member with leadership skills for coaching and developing employees.
The positions attracts a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees by email ONLY to: [email protected]
To reach the Authority on or before 18th April, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
PPDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER