Due to continued growth, MM (Operations) Limited (“MMOL”) seeks to fill the following vacancy and appoint self-motivated and driven Individual to become part of its dynamic team_ The position will be based in Lilongwe, with some travel into Salima during the production season in particular.
JOB TITLE: COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR. (RE — ADVERTISEMENT)
Reporting to the General Manager.
Job purpose summary
The Commercial and Logistics Co-ordinator is responsible for planning, managing and co-ordinating all commercial and procurement activities on behalf of MMOL including the acquisition of goods and services, liaising with external suppliers and customers, co-ordinating import and export logistics, account management of transporters and supply chain partners.
No direct line management responsibility at present, however, the Commercial and Logistics Co-ordinator is a focused development role.
- A support team will be required as volumes increase.
- Working closely with the General Manager and Head of Finance, the role will include:
- Planning and prioritizing purchasing activities, reviewing planned orders, creating requisitions for items to be purchased, and managing the approval process.
- Coordinating local and international commercial planning and activities.
- Liaising with Internal teams (General Manager, Head of Agriculture, Head of Finance and Head of Operations) to define and implement procurement requirements.
- Coordinating supplier relationships and ensuring the timely delivery of all MMOL imports (e.g. packaging, chemicals, fertilizers, etc.) and local procured goods and services.
- Coordinating exports Including Inputs from internal teams (e.g. export documents), third party logistics partners, packaging suppliers and the MMOL supply chain to ensure the timely dispatch of products from the Company and safe arrival at end destinations.
- Developing and sustaining external client, supplier and contractor relationships on behalf of MMOL.
- Creating and coordinating paperwork and documentation to support clearing of all imports and exports.
- Managing every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management teams of any variances to planning and possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Creating a combined commercial and business wide procurement plan.
- Coordinating all export logistics activities to ensure that products are dispatched from MMOL and delivered to customers on time and within agreed quality standards.
- Negotiating contracts with third party transport and logistics partners, negotiating purchase orders with local and international suppliers, and arranging shipping documentation, transportation, shipment, warehousing or storage of all products.
- Graduate with not less than five years’ experience in a production focused environment with stringent quality requirements.
- The ideal candidates experience will be a combination of either commercial planning, client/account management, procurement, supply chain management and/or logistics, including working with international road, sea and air freight transporters.
- Excellent English and numerical skills, strategic planning, resource mobilisation, working in teams and ability to integrate with other departments and manage internal and external stakeholders.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief statement explaining why you are interested in the job in the cover letter to [email protected], copy [email protected] or by post to The Human Resources Officer, P.O. Box 499, Salima.
Only applicants who submit their CV and cover letter as well as names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three traceable referees and a copy of National Identity card will be considered. The closing deadline for applications is Tuesday 5th May 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.