Find Your Feet (FYF) is a local NGO dedicated to working with poor, rural communities to create lasting solutions to poverty. FYF envisions a world in which everyone has the right to build a future free from hunger and poverty and its mission is to mobilise local knowledge and skills, and promote the ownership and use of natural resources by poor rural communities in finding sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty and discrimination.
FYF implements development projects with support from a wide range of donors including the World Food Programme (WFP); The Royal Norwegian Embassy and NORAD through the Development Fund of Norway; USAID through Pact Malawi; Kindernothilfe, UK Foundations and Trusts and many others across all the regions of Malawi. Find Your Feet is now seeking well qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions that will be based at its Mzuzu & Balaka Offices
Job Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officers (MEAL)(2)
Job Location: Country Office in Mzuzu & District Office in Balaka
Reporting To: The Programme Manager & District Coordinator
VACANCIES Ref # fyf 2020.26
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager and District Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead the monitoring and evaluation and research initiatives within the FYF.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer will be responsible for the roll-out of the performance tools for effective programme delivery.
He/she will be the focal point to assist project staff in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning aspect of their respective projects and build the capacity of field staff in effective use of the data management tools and reporting templates including surveys.
He/she will be responsible for generating periodic programme implementing reports and assessment reports.
- Adopt/develop a database for FYF Projects and ensure accountability through regular data updates and integrity.
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ programme results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and ensure their implementation
- Assist the M&E unit in designing and coordinating baselines, mid-term evaluations, end-line evaluations and annual project reviews.
- Assist in the development of TORs for external surveys and consultant recruitments/ selection.
- Coordinate the review of all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
- Facilitate data collection, analysis and use of information for decision making and feedback process to enhance project delivery
- Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for MEAL data base on agreed indicators to guide decision making
- Assess capacity gaps and provide technical training and assistance to the implementing team, particularly in relation to data collection, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure project monitoring schedules and approaches (Onsite and Post Distribution Monitoring) comply with the project agreements, other donor’s and WFP requirements and FYF standards.
- Ensure program targets are met using indicator / activity tracking tables.
- Facilitate and lead project knowledge management and learning initiatives of the projects.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, annual project and consolidated reports and case stories and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Social Sciences, Statistics and Demographics and other related fields.
- Have at least 5 years’ direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Those with experience in Food distribution and Cash Transfer programs will have an added advantage.
- Possess high level of proficiency in use of computer packages such as MS word, Excel, Power point, SPSS/ EPI info, SMART, STAT 01 and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must.
- Strong experience in conducting research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Self motivated, honest, hard working and capable of working independently with minimum supervision and under tight deadlines.
- Possess a motor vehicle driving license.
How to apply
Applications must include a motivation letter, an updated CV, photocopies of certificates, names, addresses and telephone number of three traceable referees and sent to:
The Executive Director
Find Your Feet
P.O. Box 20312
Closing date: 22nd May, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Find Your Feet is an equal opportunity employer.