Description of Responsibilities:
Health & Safety Officer is required to collect data pertaining to the Safety and Health conditions of the workplace, to conduct tests and measure hazards to help prevent harm to workers, property, environment, and the general public. The main tasks include the following:
- Implementing a Health and Safety Plan and Emergency Plan for the Project based on the Afro- Egypt Engineering Co procedures and Client’s requirements;
- Implementing Afro – Egypt Engineering Co Policies and Client’s requirements in various Projects and on the Certification of the Regional /Market;
- Identifying all risks regarding Health and Safety for the Projects and on the implementation of the mitigation and preventive actions;
- Give support to the Project Manager on the identification of all Legislation applicable to the Project and ensure that all procedures/plans are adjusted in accordance with the legal requirements;
- Identifying and monitoring the Findings (non-conformities, improvement opportunities and good practices), and supporting the Project Manager to execute the internal audits of the Project Team,
- Supporting the investigation of Health and Safety incidents, accidents and/or emergencies, and reporting as defined on Afro- Egypt Engineering Co procedures;
- Assisting in organizing and carrying out Emergency Safety Exercises and Trainings
- Ensuring that Safety Notices and Safety Information are posted in prominent places;
- Any other jobs connected to Health and Safety needed from time to time for the Project.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Fluency in English (spoken and written);
• Excellent knowledge and legislations and procedures for health and safety
• Driving License.
• Solid Knowledge of MS Office
• 2 Years of experience as a Health and Safety Officer or similar role
• Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
• BSc in Environmental Health , BSc in safety management or similar field
• Certificate in occupational health and safety will be an added advantage.
Email to: [email protected] your application and CV.
Closing date 30th November 2020.