Post: Library Attendant
- Clearing reading tables and chairs before opening of the Library.
- Shelving and shelf-reading books.
- Processing new books.
- Processing books for binding.
- Assisting users in retrieving books from high shelves.
- Performing minor book repairs.
- Assembling and dis-assembling book shelves.
- Ensuring an appropriate atmosphere for study by regularly patrolling all areas to ensure Library rules on user discipline are being observed.
- Providing security of the Library including control of keys, locking and unlocking the Library, and dealing effectively with breaches of security or infringement of the Library rules on conduct.
- Assisting staff to enforce Library rules.
- Applicants must have a Malawi School Certificate of Education.
- Those with a certificate in Library and Information Science or experience working as Library Attendant will have an added advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and up to date curriculum vitae with at least two traceable referees (with email addresses) should be sent by 10th January, 2021 to:
Private Bag 303
Email: [email protected]