The program National Coordinator will lead proactive all administrative and financial management duties of ASHMA and will be involved into Program Management.
Reports to: Board of trustees’ chairman
Responsible to: Association Board of trustees
Description of Duties
- Support the association leadership structure development
- Responsible for official communication with donors. association leaders and partners and regional members
- Ensure and carry out proper planning, implementation and evaluation of activities according to agreed project and other plans and available resources
- Coordination of all activities implemented by the association and or jointly by project partners or donors:
- Regularly visit regional funded groups to monitor and build their capacity
- Keep ongoing communication with regional partners
- Ensure proper and timely reporting from partners
- Prepare reports to donors according to donor requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies for resource mobilisation and fundraising including proposal writing
- Taking a leading role in Advocacy activities for the Association
- Financial management
- Ensure and carry out on time and effective payments of program bills
- Prepare budget in collaboration with the Association board
- Prepare and supervise project budget contracts and release of funds with regional members
- Arrange for in- and external audits.
- Human Resource Management
- Appraisal of staff employed by the Association
- Organisation of staff issues (Leave. Off. Sick days, work plans, work ethic)
- Responsible to organise staff and board meetings
- Supervise performance. conduct of staff
- Coordinate hiring of staff, recruitment, consultants approved by board.
- Office management
- Responsible for proper function and maintenance of office, incl. equipment and assets
- Filing, back up and sorting of all electronic documents
- Archive all official documents safely – minutes, board files, memos, budgets, agreements and MOUs
- Ensure and keep record of minutes during staff and other program meetings.
- Facilitate trainings
- Seek opportunities of personal and professional development as well as willingness to teach or train others
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in Administration/Human Resources/ Management/Programs planning/journalism/Development Studies or related degree.
- Knowledge and experience of community development programming
- Good communication and writing skills
- Knowledge and Experience of disability management
- Worked with NGO for not less than two years.
- Experienced in Project Management
- Fluently in written and spoken English language
- Computer literate especially office programs (Microsoft word and excel)
- Team building- and management skills to lead teams effectively
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong financial management skills and experience
- Vehicle and/or motorcycle driving permit advisable.
Condition of Employment
Full time contract for 1 year but renewable on a year to year basis according to the recommendations of Association board terms and conditions of service.
Email your application to: [email protected] before 24th April, 2020.