FOCCAD, a local not for profit organization exists to facilitate access to quality health (SRHR) services among women, children and young adults in Malawi through bridging the transport and logistics gaps between communities and health facilities. We also deal with emerging issues in health through support in education, agriculture and livelihoods, advocacy and governance, child and youth development and emergency and disaster management. A Vacancy exists in the organization as follows:
Job Title: GENDER, WOMEN AND GIRLS PROGRAM OFFICER
Reporting to: Program Manager
The main aim of this position is to support developing community-based protection practices, programs, and activities and mainstream gender in all programming in FOCCAD, addressing male engagement, SGBV, negative cultural practices, early forced marriages and other gender issues.
Key responsibilities and Tasks
• Support Gender and Protection programmes and the communities to implement protection, GBV and gender related projects and activities.
• Conduct capacity building/trainings for staff and communities in implementation of minimum standards and various Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) on gender and protection
• Coordinate and monitor all gender and protection activities in the field, ensuring quality implementation and achievements of results by communities.
• Undertake regular travels to field locations to conduct monitoring visits, activities and/or provide technical support to the communities.
• Ensure smooth implementation of the direct implementation components of the gender and protection programmes including complaints and feedback mechanism
• In case of delays and concerns relating to implementation, raise red flags to the relevant stakeholders.
• Attend the field coordination meetings in collaboration with the other program teams.
• Perform any other gender and protection activities as requested.
• Facilitate to mainstream protection and gender into program implementation processes.
• Provide advice and support to the Project Officers, Field Facilitators and communities on gender sensitive project design, implementation and monitoring.
• Support the programmes team on establishing a gender-sensitive accountability mechanism for beneficiaries.
• Contribute to the gender and protection mainstreaming efforts for the other sectors (i.e. livelihoods, health and WASH).
• Support in developing training materials, modules and monitor staff on mainstreaming gender and appropriate application of the skills acquired through trainings, include planning, evaluative monitoring and reporting.
• Representation, Coordination and Reporting in relation to Gender and Protection activities
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills;
• Excellent skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
• Bachelor Degree or its equivalent in a relevant field (Social Science, development studies
• Expertise in the field of gender affairs and/or women’s rights, together with a thorough understanding of the concepts and practices related to gender issues, particularly gender mainstreaming
• Ability to work closely with government stakeholders, PSEA, protection, emergencies and other fields.
• Strong technical expertise in gender analytical skills, integration, women and youth empowerment, project designs and management.
• Experience developing and maintaining productive working relations with stakeholders including the Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare; Ministry of Health and Population; Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development; Ministry of Education, Science and Technology etc.
Applications should be addressed and emailed to
The Executive Director
Po Box 23
Closing date: 20th November 2020