The centre for multiparty democracy (cmd) is a platform for dialogue for political parties in Malawi. The centre sets out to contribute to the consolidation of multiparty political system and promotion of accountable and institutionalized political parties in Malawi.
The centre for multiparty democracy is seeking to recruit qualified, experienced and motivated person to fill a position as below
Job tittle: Fiance and Administration Manager
Job location: Lilongwe
Reporting to: Executive director
Overall purpose of the job
Fiance and Administration manager will be expected to provide leadership and guidance in all finance and administration matters,ensuring that highest standards of compliance are adhered to.
- In consultation with the executive director, develop. Manage and monitor project budgets, financial reports and projection of funding requirements
- Coordinating the preparation and where necessary revision of annual budgets and consolidation of budgets thereof
- Manage the financial function and provide guidance and technical assistance to the program team on financial matters to ensure compliance with accountability and reporting requirements
- Produce accurate management accounts for use in decision making by management and development partners
- D Implement and maintain financial accounting and reporting systems and controls for project expenditures
- Provide guidance to the executive director for all financing transactions for authorization
- Take a lead in policy development regarding financial accounting systems
- Manage procurement and maintenance of supplies, equipment,vehicles and general services
- Manage human resource functions such as payrolls, staff medical schemes and benefits administration
- Serve as a focal point with development partners on financial matters, and advising the executive director on contractual issues in relation to financing
The desired candidate must posses
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting,business administration plus ACCA/CIMA
- At least 10 years proven experience in project management
- Proven practical experience in financial management of UNDP, European Union and USAID funded projects
- Proven competence in using accounting software packages like sage is essential
Interested candidates should send their application letter, motivation write up (1.5 pages max) and a detailed CVs to the Executive director through email at [email protected] before Friday, 7th August, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.