College of Medicine (COM) is a leading academic institution of excellence under the University of Malawi The College has 3 campuses with the main campus situated in Blantyre along Mahatma Gandhi Road, another one in Lilongwe and a satellite campus in Mangocni. COM has three academic faculties, namely, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Public Health and Family Medicine. Apart from the academic faculties, COM has well-established research centres and affiliates such as MAC, BMP, MLW and JHP. COM also runs well-established business units, including the COM Mortuary, the Sports Complex and the COM Clinic
COM currently has staff vacancies in various departments. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position.
AFRICA CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN PUBLIC HEALTH AND HERBAL MEDICINE (ACEPHEM)
The College of Medicine (CoM) of the University of Malawi (UNIMA) is implementing a Malawi-Government funded programme called ACEPHEM and therefore invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Grants Writer
Key Responsibilities of the Post
- Responsible for researching grant opportunities at appropriate places
- Develop effective grant proposals and grant reports based on the organizational requirements
- Identify and understand the financial and budget matters of the organization
- Interfacing and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Assist various departmental start in writing periodic reports to comply with grant requirements
- Maintain a professional and cordial relation with the grant coordinator and fund providers to ensure and check if the information provided meets the requirements
- Submit proposals within deadlines to grant coordinators or concerned people for approvals
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Ability to incorporate accurate and pertinent information in the proposal or application
- Possess broad knowledge of organizational structure, functions and needs
- Possess essential knowledge of a grant application process
- Strong research skills and multi-tasking
- Excellent writing skills with proper knowledge of grammar
- Ability to understand the project requirements, the organization, departments and their functions
- Self driven, pro active, ability to work effectively and independently
- Experienced in handling highly confidential matters with discretion
- Responsible, organized and pays attention to details
- Knowledge of computer and software programs
Educational and Professional Background
- The applicant may come from any educational or professional backgrounds based on the area of specialization or personal choice. However, the candidate should have or least a bachelor’s degree
- Applicants with postgraduate qualifications will have added advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a grant writer
- Demonstrable evidence of successful submission of grants to potential funders
- Experience in a higher education and or research setting is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Email: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by 30 October, 2020.
Please indicate the title of the post in the subject line (email submissions) and on the envelope (hard copy submissions).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.