Thengo Lachepa Motors(TLM) is responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality travel & transport facilities in Malawi.
The TLM seeks to recruit staff in various positions.
POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitating pre-contract negotiation meetings with successful bidders.
- Facilitating contract signing between TLM and successful suppliers.
- Ensuring that signed contracts have been distributed to all required stakeholders.
- Ensuring that performance securities have been submitted by successful bidders.
- Ensuring that contracts have been captured and approved in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Monitoring all contracts to ensure that deliveries of goods, works and services are done according to terms and conditions of contract.
- Ensuring preparation of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual Contract Performance Reports.
- Follow up and communications to suppliers/contractors/service providers on outstanding deliveries, works and services.
- Recommending and preparing contract termination letters to suppliers/contractors/
- service providers that fail to complete contracts according to terms and conditions of contract.
- Facilitating dispute resolutions between TLM and its suppliers/ contractors/service providers on issues that may emerge in the course of execution of contract.
- Preparing claims from suppliers on issues encountered during delivery of goods works or services.
- Assisting suppliers on all matters concerning customs clearance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration from a recognized and reputable learning institution. •Membership with Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (NIPS) is essential.
- Those With Masters will have an added advantage.
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Valid Passport.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in procurement of fast-moving consumer goods and experience in procurement of travel & transport and automobile supplies is a clear added advantage.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical analytical and skills and
- Excellent computer literacy.
- A strong proven passion to fight corruption and good corporate governance.
- A high measure of tested financial and moral integrity.
- Free from past convictions by a court of law of criminal offences.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Commitment to the tenets of good corporate governance.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least three names of traceable
referees and copies of certificates.
Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked position being applied for to be submitted not later than 16:30 Hours on Monday, 30th December
December, 2020 through
Email: [email protected] or
send your particulars to +265 993 827 270/ +265 998 617 198
Thengo Lachepa Motors is an equal opportunity employer.