Imperial is mainly an African and Eurozone logistics provider of outsourced, integrated freight management, contract logistics and distributorships. Ranked among the top 30 global logistics providers, the group is listed on the JSE in South Africa and employs over 27 000 people in 32 countries. With a focus on five key industry verticals – automotive, chemicals, consumer, healthcare and industrial – the group’s deep experience and unrivalled ability to customise solutions ensures the ongoing relevance and competitiveness of its clients.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Implementing business processes with supporting ‘standard operating procedures’ (SOPs) within the warehousing framework.
- Analysing relevant business intelligence to identify, justify and drive continuous improvement initiatives for clients / customers (both Internal and external).
- Analysing and reporting on process performance and risks and identifying improvement initiatives thereof.
- Attending to external and internal audits and executing corrective action pans.
- Creating and managing stock delivery plans and targets.
- Designing and documenting Internal stock control procedures.
- Implementing and strictly adhering to OSHE and Quality processes.
- Manage a budget and perform work activities in a way that limits costs.
- Ensuring non – conforming stock is quarantined and managed according to procedure.
- Minimizing stock losses to agreed standard by ensuring a decrease in variable costs.
- Monitoring and reconciling stock movements and adjustments
- Putting in place and strictly adhering to an effective stock rotation system (FIFO).
- Implementing and managing the performance of employees.
- Manage the adoption of process improvement initiatives.
- Applying or initiating corrective and/or supportive action when required for employees you supervise.
- Preparing and submitting at agreed intervals various warehouse and stock reports.
The job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements and possess the following attributes:
- A Grade twelve (12) qualification is a minimum requirement
- ACCA / CIMA or its equivalent
- 5 – 8 years’ management level experience in operations environment.
- Basic computer literacy and experience working with Microsoft Office
- Proteus knowledge is an added advantage
- Ability to work in a flexible working environment (working on weekends)
- Self starter, good interpersonal skills, well spoken, hardworking and energetic with excellent leadership skills.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets.
Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful