MACRO is a locally registered Non-Governmental organisation (NGO) that was established in 1995 to compliment government efforts in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health issues.
Our vision is “A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social well-being “and the mission is “to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population”.
With funding from EGPAF, MACRO is implementing PIVOT project in eight districts in Blantyre, Zomba, Thyolo, Mwanza, Chiradzulo, Dedza, Mchinji and Ntcheu. As part of scaling up its programs, MACRO has a vacancy for two Project Officers and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions as follows:
POSITION : PROJECT OFFICERS (2)
- Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or any other Health related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in managing HTS and other HIV and AIDS programs.
- Experienced in managing a team and also working in NGO setting
- Experience in report writing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Significant and up to date knowledge on HTS, HIV care and Treatment, relevant guidelines, protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), tools and best practices
- Knowledge in HTS programming
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the DHMT/MOH and Partners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Trained in project management
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in multidisciplinary team environment
- Knowledge of basic financial management-
- Strong skills in computer packages such word, excel, outlook and power point
PERSONALITY AND ATTITUDE
- Disciplined and presentable
- Dedicated to his/her duties
- Sober mind
- Willingness to listen and learn from beneficiaries
- To coordinate implementation of project activities in line with the Scope of work and ensure that targets are reached.
- To coordinate development of project work plans, supervision of project staff and also maintain effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Supervise and coordinate implementation of project activities.
- Ensure that HTS protocol and guidelines are followed in the implementation of the program and also required supplies are available.
- Maintaining quality assurance in HIV Counselling and Testing in all the facilities.
- Planning and coordinating project activities,
- Monitoring implementation of HTS and other related activities
- Management of project team so that targets are reached
- Ensures effective communication channels are maintained among staff,
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination among all stakeholders.
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational and professional qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees addressed to
The Executive Director
P.O. Box 797
Lilongwe by email to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Monday 19th October 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.