FINCA Limited (Malawi), a subsidiary of FINCA Impact Finance (FIF), is a deposit taking micro finance institution in Malawi operating through 22 service outlets serving borrowers and savers in rural, urban, and peri-urban areas in Malawi.
FINCA is increasing access to its services and products through alternate channels. To strengthen our team and prepare the institution for the challenges ahead, FINCA Malawi is looking for interested qualified persons for the below listed position:
Position: IT CHANNELS OFFICER, based at the Head Office – Blantyre
The primary duties of the IT Channels Officer are to install, upgrade and maintain all software & hardware, networking & application infrastructure related to FINCA Malawi’s digital channel systems. This includes day-to-day service operations support and new projects support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure service availability of all digital channel systems. i.e. POS/Tablets, Mobile Services, payments gateways, SMS gateways, online banking etc. as applicable.
- Manage the Channels interfaces to the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) & the Core Banking Application
- Manage the Channels interfaces to third party systems and infrastructure
- Provide daily operations technical support related to digital channel systems.
- Administration, tuning and maintenance of Digital Channels Systems Databases.
- Administration and maintenance of Web services & API’s of Digital Channels systems.
- Data extraction, analysis and reporting of Digital Channels Systems data.
- Test, debug and upgrade existing software that supports Digital Channels systems
- Work with vendors on issue tracking and resolution.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Ensure backup procedures are adhered to for all Channels
- Take charge and ensure adequate IS Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the MFS Channels domain including but not limited to data, infrastructure, networks etc.
- Provide technical support on projects as assigned, working with project team to meet deliverables.
- Ensure disaster preparedness of all Channels systems and hardware and participate in disaster preparedness tests.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor in computer science, IT or related fields.
- At least 2 years work experience in development environment
- Microsoft SQL, Oracle or related professional certification is ideal
- ITIL certification is an advantage.
- Experience in banking sector or core banking system is an added advantage
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting enterprise databases (at least Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL).
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and Curriculum Vitae not later than Friday, 12th February, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, FINCA Limited, Private Bag 382, Blantyre for shortlisting and interviews.
Submit your application at any FINCA Branch or Head Office.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunities Employer.