GardaWorld seeks to engage the services of a Debt Collector to be based at its regional Office in Blantyre.
Position: Debt Collector
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head- Credit Control, the successful candidate shall be responsible for following up debts of active and terminated accounts, in addition to following up old invoices that remain outstanding.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collections of debts of active accounts within a set time frame
- Collections of outstanding debts of terminated accounts within a reasonable time frame, before legal action is taken
- Reconciles customer accounts to ensure and physically meets the clients for settlement
- Acts as a liaison between customers and the company with regards to negotiation of the debt recovery
- Responds promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Proposes write off of irrecoverable receivables
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
Qualifications, Experience and Other Attributes
Ideal candidates must possess the following:
- Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or Credit Management from a recognised institution
- Trained in Credit Management, Customer Service and Communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position within a service industry
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Ability to negotiate (i.e. use of full and complete information to negotiate best arrangement).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Basic technical phone skills.
- Ability to refer to policy and procedures when applying information and making decisions
- Good time management skills
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications supported by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and three traceable referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 2084
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 23rd October 2020.