Job Title : INVENTORY CONTROL OFFICER
Grade : MS6
Responsible to : Warehouse Manager (MS3)
Responsible for : Coordination of all inventory control activities of the Trust for the smooth functioning of the Trust.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Inventory Control Officer shall directly report to the Warehouse Manager. He or she shall be responsible for supervising and coordinating all inventory control activities of the Trust. He or she shall ensure that optimum levels of inventory are maintained at all times and shall be responsible for maintaining accurate stock records and initiating action to replenish stock.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels in the warehouse and timely initiating stock replenishment process.
- Timely generate and share stock status reports with all stakeholders. 3. Ensuring that warehouse records are accurate, well maintained and that all transactions are captured in the ERP.
- Ensure right stock is in the right bin and in the right quantities through regular cycle counts.
- Ensure that expired, damaged stock is managed closely as per SOPs’. 6. Ensure that all significant inventory variances are thoroughly investigated and resolved.
- Coordinating and supervising stock control activities i.e. receipting, costing, storage, and issuing of goods.
- Ensuring productivity, effective utilization of space, documentation and stock management.
- Ensuring and checking that stocks are entered on stock cards timely. 10. Performing inventory management for all stock items of the Trust and provide input in the procurement planning processes and procedures. 11. Ensure that all documentation handled and needed for any official records are neatly filed and easily retrievable.
- Undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members. 13. Producing and submitting monthly stock control reports.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Stock Management, Stock control, Accountancy, Supply Chain Management or Warehousing Management or closely related discipline obtained from a recognised and reputable learning institution.
- Those with a qualification in Pharmacy will have an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of three years working experience in a FMCG warehousing environment;
- Strong mathematical background with the ability to carry out in-depth calculations during inventory planning and forecasting activities.
- Solid knowledge of Data Analysis and Forecasting with proven ability to forecast for the future while being proactive and ready to handle emergency cases as they arise.
- Exceptional client management skills, excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills and high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work in team environment, demonstrating leadership;
- Ability to write lucid reports and documents in English.
- Practical knowledge and experience in use of information systems in inventory management.
Submission of Application:
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), with at least three names of traceable referees and copies of certificates. Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked position being applied for to be submitted not later than 16.00 HOURS on Monday, 30TH NOVEMBER, 2020 through email:
Email: [email protected]
or to this address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Central Medical Stores Trust,
Private Bag 55,
Physical Address: Mzimba Street, Opposite Kamuzu Nursing College, Lilongwe. CMST is an equal opportunity employer.