I-TECH Malawi provides technical assistance to the Malawi Ministry of Health and its partners to support human resource development, health systems strengthening, HIV care and treatment, and HIV surveillance for epidemic control.
I-TECH has been privileged to provide technical support to the Government of Malawi Ministry of Health (MoH), since 2008, through seconded senior Technical Assistants, Program Officers and Public Health Fellows. The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) was established in 2002 at the University of Washington in Seattle. I-TECH is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV and TB (CDC-DGHT) under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
I-TECH Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced person to fill the following position
PROCUREMENT & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations and Compliance (DOC), the Procurement & Operations Manager is responsible for managing procurement related activities and operations tasks. The Procurement & Operations Manager assists with coordination of procurement planning, ensures correct completion of Purchase Request Forms, review of sourced quotes and bid analysis, provides updates on progress of procurement activities, ensures completeness of procurement documentation before processing payments to assure I-TECH Malawi’s Procurement practices meet applicable standards and requirements. The Procurement and Operations Manager also oversees fleet management and supports logistics management in the absence of logistics staff.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure effective supervision of Procurement Coordinator and Operations Officer as per their TORs
- Provide input during development of procurement plan; and ensure that major procurement requests are incorporated into the annual procurement plan.
- Ensure Purchase Request Forms (PRF) received are well recorded.
- Ensure that all necessary information concerning specifications, budget code, budget figures, justification for purchase and necessary authorizations are included on PRFs, with further information attached to the PRF.
- Carry out procurement activities in line with I-TECH and Donor procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure sealed bids are registered and labelled as they arrive, stamped with the date and time of arrival, and placed unopened in a bid box.
- Oversee collection of quotations. Ensure Requests for Quotes are prepared and sent out and quoted prices are entered into a Bid Analysis Sheet (BAS); and share with Director of Operations and Compliance
- Ensure preparation of Purchase Orders (PO) for goods and services for DOC endorsement.
- Assist with clearance of imported goods.
- Continuously capture procurement information and prepare weekly procurement status reports using the prescribed format.
- Ensure that all procurement documents are passed over to Finance Department for filing.
- Oversee management of transport requests and transport allocations, in coordination with Procurement Officer and Head Driver.
- Oversee review vehicle log sheets, fuel liquidations and fuel purchases.
- Ensure vehicle inspections occur as planned.
- In liaison with Procurement Officer and Head Driver, ensure up to date vehicle certifications and timely vehicle servicing and maintenance.
- Manage Procurement Officer to ensure timely submission of monthly vehicle performance reports from Head Driver.
- Assist with logistics management in absence of logistics staff: preparing/reviewing budgets, making transport and accommodation arrangements, sharing necessary travel information with visitors coming to I-TECH Malawi.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Purchasing & Supplies Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration and/or Advanced purchasing qualification (CIPS).
- Membership to the Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in procurement/ logistics activities.
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively.
- Analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Those with experience in an INGO environment will have an advantage
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be emailed to the following address:
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is Friday 8th May, 2020.
Please write your full name and the position being applied for in the subject line. Attachments should only be in Ms Word or PDF.
Zipped files must NOT be attached. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.