A new financial services Group intends to operate in Malawi and has applied for licensing of a Life Insurance Company, a Pension Services Company and an Asset Management company. In anticipation of being granted a license by the Financial Services Regulator, the company is looking for dynamic, career oriented persons to join it in various capacities as listed in this advertisement. The New Company is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidates will be welcomed into our friendly organizational culture.
IT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Responsible for installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the Business Data management systems hardware and software and related infrastructure as well as all Microsoft Office suites.
- Contribute effectively in the design, implementation and support of communications Infrastructure (LAN’s/WAN’s/VPN’s).
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintenance of computer related hardware infrastructure and operating platform.
- Carry out preventive maintenance schedules.
- Team member in the development, design and implementation of software systems engineering projects.
- Handle all staff software related issues and must be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office platform.
- Ability to maintain stability of the core system platform of the group, have and build knowledge of server operating systems and infrastructure and liaise with systems experts for further input where required.
- Perform daily system monitoring including security checks and perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Ensure that the IT environment conforms to the Regulator’s guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Qualifications: An ICT Certification or an advanced diploma in any ICT related field with bias towards software systems engineering from an accredited institution.
- At least 3 years working experience in a highly computerized environment. Demonstrated working knowledge of latest Microsoft office suite and server in an enterprise environment.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills for efficient and professionally communication with employees, peers, executive leadership Customers, vendors and Regulator.
- Ability to work independently with minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets in a high pressure setting.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good Commercial and business awareness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidate must be an energetic, tenacious, and enthusiastic team player with demonstrated adherence to high standards of ethical conduct.
Final job descriptions are subject to change depending on available mix of candidates, and thereafter are subject to change at the discretion of the board of directors. All successful candidates are subject to group reporting lines as directed by the board of directors.
A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their e-based application together with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and names and contact details of three traceable references before 8th November, 2020 to:
Attention: Recruitment Lead
E-mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.