The National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) was established in Malawi through an Act of Parliament (Cap 53:05) of the Laws of Malawi to promote, regulate and develop the construction industry in Malawi. The Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions in its Establishment. The positions are as all the positions are on permanent and pensionable terms.
INVENTORY CLERK- (GRADE NC 8) based at the Head Office
Reporting to the Human Resources & Administration Officer, the requirements for the positions are as stipulated below:
Qualifications and Experience
- Be aged 25 years and above
- Be a holder of a full Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Should possess Certificate in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Have a minimum of three years working experience in a busy working environment
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Should have self-drive, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team working spirit;
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and sometimes at odd hours and during weekends
- Be mature, trustworthy and dedicated to duty.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Inventory & Stores Clerk shall be responsible for:-
- Receiving new assets and stationery from suppliers and issue Goods Received Notes (GRNs)
- Keeping, maintaining and updating accurate stock records for all stocks held in the office stores
- Updating inventory of office assets and recommend insurance of new assets
- Ensuring that office assets are in good condition and reporting faults for maintenance
- Maintaining and updating vehicle records
- Ensuring that vehicles are in roadworthy condition
- Checking and reporting any defaults around office premises water, electricity and their appliances
- Keeping records of documents in the Archives
- Keeping records of absolute assets due for disposal
- Preparing and submitting monthly Stores reports
- Perform related duties as required by the Supervisor from time to time.
The position attracts a competitive remuneration package. Only candidates who strictly meet the above requirements should apply. Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) should reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer by Friday, 14th August 2020. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
The Chief Executive Officer
National Construction Industry Council