Forum for AIDS Counselling and Training is a local youth led organization working with young people from ages of 13 to 24 in delivery of Youth Friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (YSRFHS) using an innovative peer-to-peer model. Currently, we have offices in Blantyre, Chilobwe and Lilongwe, Area 36. We were found in 2016 and to date we have reached out to more than 50,000 young people with our services and messages.
FACT is delighted to add new staff to its growing team to fill in the vacancies of:
Job Title: Communications Officer Intern (Part-time)
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, support and promote organization goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase organization’s visibility among our beneficiaries, stakeholders and donors
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers and partners that will help advance our work
- Identify target audiences and create right strategies to effectively engage them
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
Desirable attributes, qualifications and skills
- At least hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- Strong interest and passion in promoting Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights among the youth.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in communications strategy development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Chichewa and English
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics and email marketing
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Skills and knowledge in graphic designing
How to apply
Send your cover letter indicating where you would like to be positioned ( BT or LL), HTS certificate ( for HTS position), and resume to
Email: [email protected]
In the subject line only state the position you are applying for.
Applications close on 17th November, 2020.
Late and incomplete applications will not be entertained. Best of luck!