NICO Life Insurance Company Limited. a leading Life Insurance company in Malawi and an Equal Opportunity Employer. is looking for young and qualified candidates with strong passion to work in a high intensive business environment on the position of Insurance Clerk.
Position: Insurance Clerk
The position is tenable in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Insurance Supervisor, the successful candidate, who will be accountable for accurate processing of claims, efficient servicing and resolution of client queries, and adhering to standard operating procedures, will have the following:
Key Performance Areas:
- Credit Control — Ensuring that premiums are paid before processing claims notifications, and ensuring that all claims have attained value by having the minimum premium payments’ period.
- Claims Management — Ensuring that all types of claims are processed and settled within set standards.
- Client Service — Resolution and/or escalation of client support queries, and attending to walk-in clients.
- Risk and Compliance — Ensuring adherence to relevant legislation and directives, and verifying claims’ documents to ensure that only valid claims are paid in line with the relevant legislation.
- Receipt Reconciliation.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Underwriting and processing renewals.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan work on a daily or weekly basis and achieve targets.
- Ability to identify immediate mistakes and solve them.
- Clear verbal and written communication in line with the job requirements.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to analyse operating problems relevant to the job.
- Computer literate with Microsoft products.
- A team player.
Qualification and Experience
- A first university degree from a reputable and recognized university with a bias in Accountancy. Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Those with a Certificate in Insurance and have some experience in the Insurance Industry will have an added advantage.
How to apply
Applications and curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three traceable referees must reach the address below by 18th September, 2020 either by post or email at:
Email: [email protected]
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
NICO Life Insurance Company Limited
P.O. Box 3044,
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.