Start Date: ASAP
Location: Blantyre, Malawi
CAMFED (the Campaign for Female Education) is internationally recognised as a leader in education for girls, for its child protection policy and practice, and as a voice for girls education and women’s empowerment at the highest levels. Founded in 1993, CAMFED supports young women throughout their primary and secondary school years, into economic training and further education, and onto leadership, as role models. activists and philanthropists.
To provide high-level and up to date data management support to CAMFED Malawi. This position demands critical and quality analysis of data for program implementation.
- Undertake data gathering and analysis for CAMFED Malawi program
- Manage data input and quality, ensure timely consolidation of program data into the database.
- Conduct on-going monitoring visit to project sites Conduct regular analysis of data per programme requirements Identify trends and variances in the programme and advise relevant program staff
- Generate data for donor reports
- Document case studies and promote cross learning
- Report writing as required
- Actively participate in research studies
- Provide training to programme staff in data collection
- Ensure data collection tools are used effectively and program data is of high quality.
- Manage data collected electronically and in paper based form.
- Document programme success stories and good practices
- Any other duties as defined by the Line manager.
- Proven solid experience of providing monitoring and evaluation support
- Minimum of a Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation and other relevant qualifications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with other members of staff.
- Excellent IT skills including competent database skills.
- Experience in managing data using online platforms like ODK is desirable
- Skills in team building, capacity building and evidence based advocacy
- Flexible and able to prioritise competing work load.
- Knowledge on Child Safeguarding and protection
- Should have better understanding of the education environment
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information with discretion and confidence
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team both nationally and internationally.
- Motivation and commitment to CAMFED’s work.&
Desirable: Working in a similar environment.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to:
Email: [email protected]
by 9 a.m. on 2nd October, 2020 and reference ‘Impact Assistant’.