The National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) was created by the Malawi Government through an Act of Parliament (Cap 53:05) of the Laws of Malawi to promote, regulate and develop the Construction Industry in Malawi.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant position:
Position: ICT TECHNICIAN – (GRADE NC 6)
Tenable at the National Construction Industry Council Headquarters in Lilongwe, the position is on permanent and pensionable terms. Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Officer, the post holder will be proficient in providing a streamlined operation of the ICT areas of the Council in alignment with the Council’s objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be aged 25 pare and above;
- Possess Diploma in Information Technology with 5 years hands on experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with 2 years’ experience;
- Should have knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2; Troubleshooting TCP/IP Networking both wired and wireless ;
- Hardware and Software support for printers;
- Should have self-drive, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team working spirit;
- Should have excellent planning and prioritization skills;
- Should be able to work odd hours and during weekends.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the management of the Council’s computer facilities & software
- Advise the Council regarding the procurement of all ICT equipment and consumables,
- Contribute to optimizing the ICT performance,
- Undertake maintenance of ICT hardware.
- Manage the Council’s wireless network.
- Assist with the management of the Council’s Intranet and internet web pages.
- Develop the internet and intranet sites in line with the Council’s Communication Strategy.
- Setting up of equipment for delivery of official duties.
- Contribute to ICT training and advise staff as appropriate.
- Staff software training where required.
- Problem solving and troubleshoot issues on staff computers such as software, hardware, configuration and user errors.
- Provide a high quality of user support which includes:
- Microsoft Office Packages (including Outlook)
- Desktop support
- Peripherals support
- VOIP phone training for staff
- Effective use of interactive display boards and related software
- Install software as required and to expected standards.
The position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
How to apply
Only candidates who strictly meet the above requirements should apply. Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) should reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer by Friday, 23rd April 2021.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Construction Industry Council,