Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position tenable at the Malawi Institute of Education, Domasi in Zomba District.
Job Title: ICT OFFICER
Reporting to: Director of Administration and Finance
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that ICT systems and equipment remain up-to-date, running and effectively utilized.
- Develop, implement and review ICT policies, plans, systems, user manuals and strategies.
- Provide technical and user support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network faults.
- Provide relevant data and equipment security including backup systems.
- Maintain ICT inventory in liaison with Administration.
- Monitor performance of ICT infrastructure and engaging in preventive maintenance.
- Develop and maintain website for the Institute.
- Prepare ICT reports.
- Develop budgets and monitor its implementation
- Allocate work and appraise sectional staff
Academic and Profession Qualification
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Bachelors Degree in Information Communication and Technology plus five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Be assertive, decisive, innovative, self-motivated and natural team builder
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to design and deploy new IT systems and services
- Have excellent knowledge in monitoring performance of information technology system to determine cost and productivity levels and make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Be experienced in troubleshooting hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Possess excellent knowledge of computer system, security, network and system administration, database and data storage system and phone system
- Be able to run regular checks on network and data security
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications, including detailed CV with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
The Executive Director
Malawi Institute of Education
P.O. Box 50,
Further information can be collected from: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 29th September, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.