We are calling for applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of Human Resources Officer tenable at our Blantyre head office. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Position: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
The Human Resources Officer is responsible daily human resources needs of the organisation and its clients. With the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Officer strives to provide human resources service to internal and external clients while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy, timeliness and compliance.
- Ensuring that internal staff members are strictly abiding to the policies and procedures of the company.
- Ensuring that internal staff members are aware of the code of conduct.
- Conducting, scheduling and compiling interview results.
- Conducting scheduling and compiling disciplinary hearing results.
- Maintaining and updating employee personal files.
- Generate offer letters; contract letters for the selected candidates and issue them.
- Maintain the personal files at regional level and update them regularly.
- Taking part in formulating human resource and administration policies, annual budgets, work plans and procedures.
- Assisting in planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new employees.
- Provide payroll inputs such as attendance summary, leave summary, other deductions to payroll employee wise in specified format for processing payroll.
- Track Probation reviews with timelines and ensure outcomes are communicated formally through letters.
- Ensure that contract renewals are done in a timely manner.
- Ensuring contract, leave and any other trackers are up to date at all times.
- Ensure resignation letters are received for employees who intend to leave.
- Data Management Maintain the HR files such as employee personal files and recruitment file.
- Professionally representing the company in high level meetings with clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge;
- Degree in Human Resources/ Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Malawi Employment Act, Pensions Act and Labour relations Act.
- Knowledge and principles of best Human Resources Practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Extremely detail oriented and organised and able to work independently and accurately under general supervision.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, able to respond to changing environment.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs required.
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Fluency in English
- Strong ethics, hands on approach
- Planning and organisation skills
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Good negotiations skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Problem solving skills
How to apply
Suitable candidates are required to send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Email: [email protected]
By Wednesday 2nd September 2020; addressed to the Human Resources Manager.