Blantyre Synod of the Church of Central Africa Presbyterian (CCAP) invites application from suitable experienced candidates to fill the stated positions at Blantyre Synod Headquarters, Blantyre Synod Health & Development Commission (BSHDC) and Naming’azi Training Centre in Zomba.
Job title : Human Resources Officer
Reporting to : Head of Finance and Administration
Location: BSHDC Head Office- Blantyre.
Contract period : 3 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining Compensation and Benefits Programs of the Department and dealing with employees’ compensation and benefits queries.
- Support the formulation and implementation of Human Resource, Management Strategy of the Trust.
- Playing a pivotal role in the human resource’s strategic role of the BSHDC, through managing change and staff capacity to embrace change.
- Administering benefit programs such as: Pension, Funeral Cover, Medical Insurance/Reimbursements.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective administration of the Leave Policy.
- Ensuring the Trust’s compliance to the Labour Law and regulation by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource policies and practices.
- Responsible for Performance Appraisal Management.
- Ensuring personnel files are up to date with personal records.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual staff development plan.
- Effectively manage HRIS systems adopted by the organisation from time to time.
- Preparing employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Conducting stay/exit interviews to determine the possibility of retention and to understand reasons behind separations.
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resource, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related discipline obtained from a recognized and reputable learning institution.
- Possess at least 2 years practical and verifiable progressive experience in the human resource management field in a busy public or private environment
- Proven and practical knowledge in organization development.
- Proven and practical knowledge in using human resource information system software.
- Ability to undertake multiple and simultaneous tasks
- Excellent analytical, numerical and probing Skills.
- Ability to manage conflicts and solve complex problems.
- Mature and ethical individual.
- Knowledge of Malawi and International Labour Laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Mature, committed and practicing Christian.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae and relevant copies of certificates with names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees by close of business on Tuesday, 17th of November,2020 to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
CCAP Blantyre Synod
P.O. Box 413,
Email: [email protected].
Blantyre Synod is a gender sensitive organization. Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: ‘‘Please Indicate the applied position on top of the envelope ’’.