The Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) is an ecumenical umbrella association co-owned by Episcopal Conference of Malawi and Malawi Council of Churches. CHAM is the second largest provider of health services in Malawi and it has 179 health facilities and 11 training colleges, which are located in all parts of the country. Some of these health facilities are situated in remote and hard-to-reach areas. The objectives of CHAM are to facilitate, provide technical support, and develop health services among all its member facilities in order to achieve equity in access to health care, patient care and in all matters, to act for the benefit of the people of Malawi. CHAM wishes to recruit qualified and suitable persons in the following positions:
Position: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Director
To provide leadership in the management and administration of all human resource related issues in CHAM Secretariat; to provide overall guidance in the development and management of human resources, including policies and programmes in CHAM Facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitating development, planning and formulation of compliant HR policies, programmes and procedures in line with the industrial relations regulations, employment and labour relations acts.
- Overall HR management including workforce planning, recruitment, deployment, training, development, performance appraisal, management, succession planning and reporting.
- Overall HR administration including compensation and benefits, pensions and HR payroll system.
- Conduct hearing of industrial grievances and disputes and come up with the solutions.
- Overseeing running of CHAM staff welfare and employee participation in issues that affect them.
- Ensuring employee occupational health and safety, welfare and wellness.
- Conduct Advocacy on HRH with Government of Malawi and other HRH stakeholders to improve HRH capacity in CHAM institutions.
- Coordinating personnel emolument grant from Government of Malawi and ensuring that CHAM submits monthly returns and budgets to Ministry of Health on time.
- Facilitating monitoring of CHAM Facilities to ensure adherence to Government MOU regarding personnel.
- Mobilizing resources for human resource related initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Master of Business Administration degree with a specialization in Human Resources Management from an accredited University.
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience, 5 of which should be at a similar management position with a reputable organization; with working experience in the implementation and management of human resources systems.
- Those with a Master of Business Administration (general) must also have a Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management plus not less than 10 years of experience working as a Human Resources Manager or an equivalent position.
- Working experience in NGO and private sectors
- Knowledge and experience of Malawi Government’s HRH management system
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong HR management, change management and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and knowledge management skills, versatility and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines especially in terms of HR reporting
- Excellent communication (oral and written), conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Good Advocacy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member and to execute successful leadership skills for coaching and developing employees
- Experience in working with HR software
- Interested candidates must download a standard Employment Application Form from the CHAM website, at www.cham.org.mw.
- Candidates must submit a completed ONLY Employment Application Form with three traceable referees, recent CV and a covering letter to the following addresses:
- Email: [email protected]
- The e-mail’s subject line must include the post being applied for.
- Applications must be received by close of business on 7th May 2021.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
P.O Box 30378,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: Christian Health Association of Malawi uses very competitive recruitment and selection process. It, therefore, does not accept any bribes/gifts in any form for the purpose of offering employment to any candidate